A tireless educator, in his lifetime Father Giussani has published numerous essays.
As he himself said, “it is through education that a people is built united in consciousness and in civilization. And today we realize quite well how urgent this task is and how necessary for those who have a responsability. Reading is part of this educational process for the reconstruction of humanity.”
And again: “In particular we want to show the reasonableness and usefulness for modern man of the response to the drama of existence called ‘Christian event.’ We offer such response as sincere contribution to an education to the reality for a true liberation of the young and the adults.”
In Italy, Father Giussani’s books are mostly published by Rizzoli, but also by Edizioni San Paolo, Marietti, Sei, and Piemme. They have been translated into several languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovak, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Arabic, Albanian, Japanese, Cambodian, Czech, Chinese, Croatian, Lithuanian, Brazilian and Rumanian. On them were formed hundreds of thousands of young people and adults.
Among the most important titles currently on the market, we recall:
- The three volumes of the “PerCorso” series: Il senso religioso (1997) [The Religious Sense, 1997], All’origine della pretesa cristiana (2001) [At the Origin of the Christian Claim, 1998] and Perché la Chiesa (2003) [Why the Church, 2001]
- Il rischio educativo (2005) [The Risk of Education, 2001]
- Si può vivere così? (2007) [Is It Possible to Live this Way?, 2008]
- Il cammino al vero è un’esperienza (2006) [The Journey to Truth is an Experience, 2006]
- L’avvenimento cristiano. Uomo Chiesa Mondo (1993), his first book published by Rizzoli.
- L’opera del Movimento. La fraternità di Comunione e Liberazione (2002) [The Work of the Movement. The Fraternity of Communion and Liberation, 2005]
- L’io, il potere, le opere (2000)
- L’autocoscienza del cosmo (2000)
- Che cos’è l’uomo perché te ne curi? (2000) [The Psalms, 2004]
- L’attrattiva Gesù (1999)
- L’uomo e il suo destino (1999)
- Generare tracce nella storia del mondo. Nuove tracce di esperienza cristiana (1998), written together with Stefano Alberto and Javier Prades [Generating Traces in the History of the World. New Traces of Christian Experience, 2010]
- «Tu» (o dell’amicizia) (1997)
- Alla ricerca del volto umano (1995)
- Il senso di Dio e l’uomo moderno (1994)
- Le mie letture (2008)
- Teologia protestante americana. Profilo storico (2003)
- Familiarità con Cristo. Meditazioni sull’anno liturgico (2008)
- Sul senso religioso (2009), collection of writings by Giovanni B. Montini and Luigi Giussani
- The Equipe volumes: Dall’utopia alla presenza (1975-1978), Certi di alcune grandi cose (1978-1981), Uomini senza patria (1982-1983), Qui e ora (1984-1985), L’io rinasce in un incontro (1986-1987), Ciò che abbiamo di più caro (1988-1989).
The complete bibliography is available on the website scritti.luigigiussani.org; there it is possible to look up all the works in Italian and some texts in English, and to discover the editorial history of each one of Luigi Giussani’s works.
The complete list of the works currently on sale is available in the BOOKS section of this website, where it is possible to shop online.